Information we collect and why
When you place an order, request a catalogue, sign up to our email newsletter or otherwise interact with the Bombay Duck website we may require certain information and you may submit personal information to us as follows:
- When you register with Bombay Duck we ask for information such as your name, address, delivery address, telephone number, email address, contact details and if you place an order your credit card details. We keep a record of this information. We need this information to process your requests and recognize you as a registered customer. Bombay Duck does not store credit card details.
- We keep a record of any emails or other messages you may send us. This helps us provide customer support services to you.
- We keep a record of the orders you have placed with Bombay Duck so we can provide you with an efficient, reliable service and deal with any problems quickly. It also means we can send you the most relevant Bombay Duck offers.
- We may monitor, record and play back telephone calls for training new staff and to improve the quality of our customer service.
- We may receive information about you from third parties and add this to our account information. For example we update address information using the Royal Mail Change of Address file which we may use to change our records and deliver your catalogues.
How we use the information we collect
The information we keep is used to improve the service we offer you. We may use the information to:
- Open and run your Bombay Duck customer account
- Process and deliver your Bombay Duck order
- Provide customer service to you
- Provide you with information about the products and services we offer
- Help prevent fraud. We may check personal and credit card details with our credit agency and reserve the right to refuse orders on this basis. At all times where we disclose your information it will remain secure. 7.Send you offers from other companies but only with your permission.
- We may need to pass your contact information to our couriers in case they need to contact you to arrange the delivery of your order.
Bombay Duck marketing communications
When you register with Bombay Duck you will be given the option to receive promotional emails from Bombay Duck. If you do not wish to receive these emails please untick the box on the registration page. You can unsubscribe from these promotional emails at any time by using the unsubscribe link provided in every email, sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us and we will remove your email address from our marketing records. You can also change your marketing preferences by logging into the ‘My Account’ section of the website.
We may also send you the Bombay Duck catalogue by post to your registered account address. If you do not want to receive Bombay Duck catalogues please send an email to email@example.com or write to us to let us know.
Bombay Duck will not pass your information on to any third parties unless you consent to this. When you register with Bombay Duck you will be given the option to receive information and offers by post from carefully selected and reputable third parties that we genuinely think may interest you. If you do not wish to receive these promotions from third parties by post please untick the box on the registration page. If you no longer wish to receive information from third parties please notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us. You can also change your preferences by logging into the ‘My Account’ section of the website. We will never pass your email address to a third party.
We track visits made to our website so we can see which products and pages are the most popular. This allows us to improve our product selection and website to make shopping at Bombay Duck even better. This tracking is anonymous, we do not know your personal details.
You can set your website to reject cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings not to accept cookies. The help option on your web browser should explain how to do this or you can go to http://www.aboutcookies.org/ for more details about cookies and how to reject them. However please be aware that the Bombay Duck website (like most shopping websites) will not work without cookies.
Removal of information
You have the right to remove your personal information and change your preferences at any time. In order to do this please email us at email@example.com or write to us at:
The Data Protection Officer
231 The Vale
W3 7QS UK
Please include your name, address, account number and/or the e-mail address you registered with when you contact us.
If you have any questions or you are unsure about the personal account information we are holding in your name please contact us. We will happily review your file and update your records if you require. You can also check the account information we are holding online by logging into your account and going to ‘My Details’.